Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec's Southern California offices (Thousand Oaks, San Bernardino, Pasadena, Bakersfield) are hiring a Project Level environmental professional (environmental scientist or geologist) to work with our Assessment, Permitting and Compliance Team. The Project Environmental Scientist or Planner will provide support to all stages of a project's lifecycle including approval requirements, construction support, and post-construction support.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the preparation of environmental compliance documents (California Environmental Quality Act/ National Environmental Policy Act [CEQA/ NEPA]).
- Conduct desktop research, impact analyses, and prepare technical documentation.
- Assist with preparation of various constraints analyses, environmental plans, and strategies required for construction and planning projects.
- Support the environmental permit application process with various federal, state, and local agencies.
- Coordinate and perform various environmental surveys and reporting, such as: surface/ groundwater testing, soil sampling, natural resource surveys, and Phase I and II environmental site assessments.
- Oversight of staff during field programs.
- Complete quality review of staff prepared deliverables (e.g., technical reports).
- Other duties as assigned.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Minimum 2 years' field experience.
- Solid understanding of federal and state regulations (CEQA/ NEPA) and permitting requirements; experience developing more complex technical documentation or permitting assignments (e.g., multi-agency jurisdictions) is an asset.
- Project management experience with strong attention to detail.
- Should be personable, motivated, and a self-starter capable of working both individually and as part of team.
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
- Ability to analyze information and data and develop appropriate conclusions, as required.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve and communicate.
- Ability for periodic travel necessary to support field surveys and/or project meetings.
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful completion of a physical and drug screen.
- Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
Education and Experience
A Bachelor or Master's degree in Environmental Sciences, Biology, Natural Resources, Geology, or similar and 2-4 years of experience.
Office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work, or combination of office and field. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-California-Thousand Oaks
Other Locations: United States-California-Pasadena, United States-California-Bakersfield, United States-California-San Bernardino
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190002GD
Back to top