At Stantec we believe growing a great engineering consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are motivated to use every talent they possess, plus apply imagination, determination, and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
Stantec is a global leader in the provision of strategic planning, design, construction and engineering program management services for projects around the world. We focus on water and natural resources - providing services to a full range of water-related projects and programs ranging from water supply, treatment and storage, dams, water management for the natural resources industry and coastal restoration to renewable power and environmental services.
We are currently looking to add an environmental scientist/engineer to the Waterpower and Dams West Hydropower Licensing Business Center in our Sacramento, CA office. If working on the most challenging water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through knowledge-sharing with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks for hydropower, dams and other water resource projects for a variety of clients. The successful candidate will be working in conjunction with other engineers and scientists on multi-discipline teams to support project activities including Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) relicensing, licensing, and implementation, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), and state and local regulatory processes. The successful candidate should be able to work independently and with small and large teams to apply critical thinking skills to solve technical issues and develop project-specific solutions. The position will require travel to project sites and will provide stimulating career growth opportunities.
• Work in conjunction with regulatory specialists, scientists, and engineers to solve project challenges related to environmental compliance, permitting, and regulatory strategies.
• Assist with feasibility studies by conducting research to assess challenges and develop solutions.
• Assist with field management programs.
• Prepare technical reports including permit applications, technical memoranda, environmental assessments, and strategy and compliance documents.
• Follow safe work practices and adhere to company guidelines for planning and executing work in a safe manner.
• Participate in professional development and training activities.
• Bachelor of Science (B.S.) degree in environmental science/engineering or related field.
• 0 to 2 years of related experience in environmental compliance, preferred.
• Willing to support Project Management team in a variety of regulatory and permitting activities.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Sound organizational, technical, written, and oral communication skills with attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Works well independently and is a team player.
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint software.
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH, now part of Stantec, is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected] .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top