Environmental Scientist - Senior / Junior Level
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science. Your Opportunity Stantec is hiring a Senior level environmental professional (environmental geologist, scientist, or engineer) as a project manager/senior staff to coordinate and perform environmental site investigations, including soil, soil vapor, groundwater; coordinate and oversee soil, soil vapor, and groundwater remedial construction programs; coordinate and perform operations, monitoring and maintenance of remedial systems; assist with environmental compliance and permitting; and assist with preparation of proposals and business development. Perform and review Phase I/II environmental site assessments.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Project Management, staff oversight, and health and safety environmental consulting services.
- Strong understanding of state and federal environmental and safety regulations.
- Client management services for existing clients; sales of additional Stantec services to existing and new clients.
- Coordinating with subcontractors.
- Performing task management for sites undergoing assessment and/or active remediation.
- Field work will be required, including groundwater sampling, drilling, soil logging, sample collection, and construction oversight.
- Ability to travel for extended field work, if needed.
- Ability to analyze information and data and develop appropriate conclusions required.
- Candidate must have excellent communication and organizational skills, combined with the ability and flexibility to work in a dynamic, challenging, and fast paced environment.
- Strong technical writing, interpersonal, and communication skills required.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Current 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training preferred.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
- Prior to employment with Stantec, this position will require the successful passing of a physical and/or drug & alcohol screening.
- Should be personable, motivated, and a self-starter capable of working both individually and as part of team.
- Must be able to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
- The desired candidate will demonstrate strict adherence to health and safety procedures and attention to detail; have an outstanding work ethic and a passion for high quality workmanship.
8-10 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top