Environmental Scientist / Environmental Planner
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
With a focus on local projects, the successful candidate will support a diverse team of environmental professionals providing services to multiple sectors. Key project responsibilities include project management and achieving quality report delivery in a fast-paced, client-focused environment. The successful candidate will have a diverse skill set in multiple environmental disciplines and a passion for lifelong learning. Environmental professionals in this position will lead and work on a variety of environmental assessment, monitoring, and compliance projects throughout various project phases.
This role can be located in Saskatoon or Regina.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Support federal and provincial environmental assessments for projects within multiple sectors, including oil and gas, renewable energy, mining, land development, transportation, and power.
- Complete project management responsibilities including developing proposals, managing projects and budgets, coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff, and performing and overseeing technical work.
- Assist clients in the development of regulatory strategies for projects with complicated or sensitive assessment and permitting needs.
- Support and participate in engagement programs with the public and Indigenous communities.
- Interact and communicate with multi-disciplinary teams, regulators, and clients.
- Assist with mentorship and training of junior staff.
- Comply with health and safety and quality management protocols.
- Demonstrate sound application of established practices, standards, and guidelines.
- Conduct occasional field work, including species detection surveys and environmental monitoring.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong technical writing skills, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build and maintain positive relationships within Stantec and with key clients.
- Valid driver's license is required.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of federal and provincial environmental legislation.
- Experience preparing regulatory and permitting applications for multiple sectors.
- Working knowledge of provincial species detection protocols (e.g., rare plant and various wildlife surveys).
- Ownership and initiative, taking pride in work and being accountable for completing tasks on time and budget.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science, or related field.
Minimum 5 years of related professional experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Occasional field work and travel may be required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: Canada-Saskatchewan-Saskatoon
Other Locations: Canada-Saskatchewan-Regina
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000TD
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top