Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity You will perform program research, planning and development, permitting, compliance monitoring, inspections/enforcement, and technical support services in relation to air, water, waste, corrective action, mining, biology, and other environmental programs. You will also write reports, develop plans, and implement steps to move projects toward closure in the most cost effective manner
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare environmental permitting and reporting, conduct and/or lead field work, and manage existing and/or new projects. .
- Provides hands-on service to our clientele, working with engineers and planners on environmental assessments and construction monitoring, and post approval permitting
- Provide guidance and review for soils project deliverables
- Managing and conducting large-scale soil assessment and mapping projects, from proposal development to project completion.
- Ensuring QA/QC and H&S requirements and procedures are identified and followed throughout a project's life cycle.
- Technical work, quality review of reports and proposals and presentations.
- Field work responsibilities may include GPS surveys, wetland assessments, and natural community mapping; performing and leading project technical work; preparing reports and proposals; and preparing environmental permitting to conduct and/or lead field work.
- Project management responsibilities include developing proposals; managing projects and budgets; coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff; and performing and overseeing project technical work.
- Environmental regulatory and permitting responsibilities include identifying project-specific environmental regulatory requirements, coordinating with resource agency personnel, writing and reviewing technical reports, developing environmental permit applications, presenting at public meetings, and facilitating successful environmental permitting of multiple and varied projects
- Demonstrates sound application of established practices, standards and guidelines.
- Responsible for specific objectives and the achievement of significant results.
- Provide staff mentorship and training
- May review work of junior staff.
- Applies technical and business knowledge and methods to develop creative, effective, and economical solutions to address current and potential project issues.
- Prepare SWPPPs in compliance with the Construction General Stormwater Permit.
- Perform dry weather and wet weather site inspections and monitoring in compliance with the Construction General Stormwater Permit.
- Assist with documenting compliance with the Construction General Permit.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in policies and procedures for HSSE, including client-specific training, leads by example, and applies these policies and procedures as appropriate to their work.
- Solid skills in technical writing.
- Observing and developing skills in communications and technical information exchange with clients, engineers and scientists, government regulators and agencies, and academia, as well as non-technical communication to the public.
- Able to build strong relationships with key clients with respect to their technical area and the broader business objectives in their regions.
- Builds and maintains productive professional and personal networking relationships.
- Drives collaborative efforts within the Business Center and beyond to deliver consistent, high quality and appropriately scoped technical work.
- Must possess a current valid driver's license and have a clean driving record for up to the past 5 years.
- At least two years of experience successfully executing technical aspects of small to medium projects.
- Thorough knowledge of environmental regulations relating to storm water.
- Qualified SWPPP Developer (QSD) or Qualified SWPPP Practitioner (QSP) certification.
- Must be familiar with Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plans, Spill Prevention Control Countermeasure Plans, and other typical construction permits (water quality, dust control, land use).
- Ability to review, analyze, and interpret RFQ/RFP documents, permits, construction plans, and specifications to identify risks and prepare estimate of costs.
- Demonstrate excellence in written/verbal communications, planning, documentation and organizational skills.
- Ability to develop, implement, and ensure compliance of mitigation measures on construction projects.
- Availability to travel to projects as needed.
- Ability to interact and effectively communicate with all levels of project management staff, field personnel, contractors, and customers.
- High level of communication and collaboration skills.
- Ability to present information to a large audience.
- Team oriented, self-starting and self-directed, positive attitude and the ability to work independently.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Word/Excel/Outlook/PowerPoint).
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills including:
- Coordinating, tracking, and meeting deadlines.
- Following up with multiple parties.
- Efficiently handling multiple tasks with competing priorities in a fluctuating workload.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
Minimum 5-6 years related experience, or an equivalent combination of education (e.g., advanced degree) and experience.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top