Environmental Project Manager (Regulatory and Permitting)
- Albany, NY
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Does working with power utility and renewable energy clients on great projects, with a talented team of professionals while managing project deliverables appeal to you?
Stantec's Environmental Services team is seeking an Environmental Project Manager with demonstrated experience in Natural Resources Management to help lead major environmental project permitting efforts for NYS electric transmission or generation (including renewables) projects. With responsibility for project delivery, you will be an integral part of our team, supervising and mentoring staff while working collaboratively to support business development opportunities.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Environmental regulatory and permitting responsibilities include:
- Identifying project-specific environmental regulatory requirements,
- coordinating with resource agency personnel,
- writing and reviewing technical reports,
- developing environmental permit applications, presenting at public meetings,
- facilitating successful environmental permitting of multiple and varied projects.
- Project management responsibilities may include:
- developing proposals;
- managing projects and budgets;
- coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff;
- performing and overseeing project technical work.
- Additional responsibilities may include coordinating, conducting, and/or leading field work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated experience with local, state, and federal environmental regulations, licensing, and permitting
- Technical specialization and expertise in the field(s) of wetland science, botany, wildlife biology, soil science, or related field(s)
- Experience conducting wetland delineations and mitigation design
- Experience with Article VII and Article 10 of the New York Public Service Law, New York Executive Law 94-c, the National Environmental Policy Act, State Environmental Quality Reviews, surface water classifications, stream bed and bank protection and restoration, erosion control, SWPPPs, and flood plain evaluations;
- Endangered species, Fish and Wildlife Studies and invasive species
- Coastal resource management
- National Historic Preservation Act experience
- Ability to perform fieldwork
- A strong work ethic, sense of humor, high ethical standards, a desire for team success and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
Desired skills include:
- Experience in specialty areas including electric and gas transmission and distribution, renewable energy, and utilities
- Demonstrated business development experience and strong existing client relationships
- Demonstrated positive reputation and relationships with environmental regulators
- Strong ability to interpret and use site plans, topographic maps, aerial photographs, and other maps and mapping resources
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Education and Experience
- Bachelor and/or Master of Science Degree in the natural sciences, natural resource management, or related field;
- Minimum 5 years of environmental consulting and project management experience;
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience related to natural resource management, environmental planning, and/or related field(s).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Project Manager
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Other Locations: United States-New Jersey-Mount Laurel, United States-New York-Albany, United States-New York-Tonawanda, United States-New York-Rochester
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000KO
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top