Environmental Project Manager
Your Opportunity Stantec is one of the largest employers of full-time, experienced environmental professionals in the eastern United States. Our current staff includes specialists in wetland science, wildlife biology, soil science, fisheries biology, botany, hydrology, forestry, habitat restoration, marine biology, environmental permitting, and GIS. Our Environmental Services group is dedicated to managing environmental issues proactively and professionally. We focus on hiring talented, enthusiastic, and hard-working individuals that have a keen interest in the natural sciences and a commitment to working in a team-based environment.
Your Duties Stantec's Environmental Services practice seeks an Environmental Project Manager to provide project management, lead environmental regulatory and project permitting efforts, supervise and mentor staff, and support business development opportunities. Project management responsibilities include developing proposals; managing projects and budgets; coordinating with clients, stakeholders, and internal project staff; and performing and overseeing project technical work. Environmental regulatory and permitting responsibilities include identifying project-specific environmental regulatory requirements, coordinating with resource agency personnel, writing and reviewing technical reports, developing environmental permit applications, presenting at public meetings, and facilitating successful environmental permitting of multiple and varied projects. Business development responsibilities include maintaining existing client relations and collaborating to develop and pursue new clients and opportunities. Additional responsibilities may include coordinating, conducting, and/or leading field work.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Required skills and experience include:
- Bachelor's degree in the natural sciences, natural resource management, or related field;
- Minimum 2 years environmental consulting experience;
- Minimum 3 years project management experience;
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience related to natural resource management, environmental planning, and/or related field(s);
- Technical specialization and expertise in the field(s) of wetland science, botany, wildlife biology, soil science, or related field(s);
- Demonstrated experience with local, state, and federal environmental regulations and permitting in Massachusetts and/or Connecticut, including experience with the Massachusetts DEP wetlands and waterways permits and/or Connecticut DEEP permits, Sections 401 and 404 of the Clean Water Act, MEPA and/or CEPA, NPDES, and state- and federally listed species regulations and permitting;
- Strong ability to interpret and use site plans, topographic maps, aerial photographs, and other maps and mapping resources;
- Strong written and verbal communications skills;
- Willingness and ability to travel;
- Ability to perform fieldwork; and
- A strong work ethic, sense of humor, high ethical standards, a desire for team success and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Desired skills include:
- Minimum 5 years of environmental consulting and project management experience;
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience related to natural resource management, environmental planning, and/or related field(s).
- Experience in specialty areas including electric and gas transmission and distribution, renewable energy, and utilities;
- Demonstrated business development experience and strong existing client relationships;
- Demonstrated positive reputation and relationships with environmental regulators;
- Experience conducting wetland delineations; and
- Experience conducting construction observation.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top