Environmental Project Manager
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We are a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities we support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for an Environmental Project Manager to support growth in our Terrace office. The ideal candidate for this position is one that can capitalize on existing client relationships to expand Stantec's profile and market share in the local market. Working in a team environment, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading and contributing to environmental projects associated with components of environmental assessments, and environmental permitting activities for a variety of projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop, lead, manage and support components of environmental projects, including:
- Promoting a strong health and safety culture and actively participate in Stantec's Health, Safety, Security and Environment Program;
- Management of existing and new projects;
- Coordinating and tracking of assignments, scopes, schedules budgets and deliverables;
- Demonstrating leadership and coordination of staff across operating units;
- Proposal writing;
- Client management, client communication and business development;
- Technical writing and report preparation;
- Technical direction to staff/mentoring of staff;
- QA/QC of technical documents; and
- Support field work as needed.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Someone who understands the Consulting business and who has flexibility to support on projects, write proposals and collaborate across the company.
- Strong leadership and business development skills, including significant experience building and maintaining productive relationships with a client base;
- Minimum of 5 years' experience which must include relevant consulting experience;
- Demonstrated experience in project development and management;
- Knowledge of environmental legislation;
- Demonstrated technical writing skills;
- Willingness to travel for project work and business development opportunities;
- Strong interpersonal and social skills and ability to interact across a broad range of audiences/ technical backgrounds including internal and external clients and regulatory agencies; and
- Desire to mentor and manage junior an intermediate staff (experience supervising people and/or leading teams is an asset).
Education and Experience
Bachelor or graduate degree in biology, engineering, or a related discipline from a recognized university.
Must be located in Terrace/Kitimat.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Terrace
Other Locations: Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900024Y
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top