Environmental Planner - Mid Level
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Duties As an Environmental Planner, you will provide environmental and land use planning knowledge to help with public and private projects including siting, licensing and permitting of linear of electric transmission, pipeline, and transportation infrastructure projects. You will provide support for environmental impact statements, CEQA/NEPA assessments, land use planning, design review, and compliance programs for large development projects. In this position, you will serve as a team member working with scientists, engineers, project managers, and junior project staff. Each day, as an environmental professional, you will contribute to multi-disciplinary project teams in all phases of the execution and delivery of siting and licensing projects. You should be a self-motivated professional and should also have a desire to grow personally as well as professionally with each project.
This position requires strong skills as a self-starter, with ability to participate on multiple projects simultaneously. This role will also include support to project management teams on dynamic projects.
Our Environmental Planners:
- Demonstrate success with research, analysis and reporting.
- Are self-starting, team-oriented professionals with excellent written and communication skills.
- Are familiar with review and analysis of scientific data, maps and drawings.
- Provide support in delivering high quality work products to Stantec's multi-disciplinary project teams.
- Ability to identify opportunities and build relationships with clients.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Basic Qualifications:
Education : BA/BS degree in Urban, Regional or Environmental Land Use Planning, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies or a related field.
Years of Experience: 5 to 12 years
- Environmental consulting experience.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience leading and contributing to environmental impact evaluation, siting reports, and environmental permit applications, including, resource and impact evaluations, preparation of NEPA/CEQA analysis and documentation.
- Experience leading environmental permitting of energy facilities, pipelines, and/or other linear projects in the western United States including: USACE 404 wetland permitting, CDFW 1600 Agreements and CESA permitting, RWQCB 401 certifications, and other environmental permitting.
- Demonstrated technical competence and project experience in natural resource fields applicable to linear electric transmission, pipeline, and transportation infrastructure project siting, licensing and environmental permitting, both public and private.
Education : Masters degree in Urban, Regional or Environmental Land Use Planning, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies or a related field
- Direct experience with linear infrastructure projects and relevant regulatory agencies. Experience with projects within the Central Valley is preferred.
- Experience serving on and leading teams of staff for permitting facilities in California.
- Established relationships with local, state, and federal permitting agencies.
- CEQA experience.
- NEPA experience.
- Compliance program experience.
- General understanding of geographic information systems.
- Ability to work independently, as well as in teams ranging from 2 to 60 staff.
- Ability to direct staff technicians regarding data collection, preparation of figures and maps, and report production.
- CPUC and/or CEC experience a plus
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top