Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We’re a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that’s critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is seeking an Environmental Planner to join our Impact Assessment, Permitting, and Compliance Practice in Northern California. The position is to be based out of our San Francisco, Petaluma, Walnut Creek, or Sacramento Office. Stantec offers flexible work locations, flexible work hours and a robust compensation and benefit package.
Your Key Responsibilities
- As a Planner, you will provide environmental and land use planning knowledge to help with public and private projects including renewable power permitting, siting and licensing of other energy production and transmission projects, environmental impact analysis support, biological and cultural assessment support, CEQA/NEPA support, municipal zoning ordinance review and land use planning for environmental projects.
- Experience with the review of development applications, familiarity with building permits, and general understanding of local municipal planning is desired.
- As an Environmental Planner, you will contribute to multi-disciplinary project teams in all phases of the execution and delivery of siting and licensing projects.
- This position requires strong skills as a self-starter, with ability to participate on multiple projects simultaneously.
- This role will also include support to project management teams on dynamic projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong research, analysis and reporting abilities.
- Are self-starting, team-oriented professional with excellent written and communication skills.
- Should be familiar with review and analysis of scientific data, maps, and drawings.
- Familiarity and experience with CEQA/NEPA. - Provide support in delivering high quality work products to Stantec’s multi-disciplinary project teams.
- CEQA experience a plus.
- NEPA experience a plus.
- CPUC experience a plus.
- CEC experience a plus.
- Ability to identify opportunities and build relationships with clients.
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in Urban, Regional or Environmental Land Use Planning, Environmental Science, Environmental Studies or a related field.
(Masters degree preferred)
- Years of Experience: 0 to 5 years (3 years preferred).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s’ talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top