Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking an Environmental Planner in the Impact Assessment, Permitting, and Compliance Practice to be based out of our Thousand Oaks Office. The work is a balance of office and field work with office work focused on environmental permit application report preparation and additional technical report preparation. This position offers the selected individual the ability to work with a large, talented multidisciplinary team working on exciting projects in Southern California.
Your Duties The Environmental Planner is responsible for overseeing research, fieldwork, impacts analysis, permit assessment, and report preparation. This position is responsible for managing planning, permitting, and impact analysis tasks.
- Managing complex tasks, including permitting process, oversight of task deadlines and budget, managing teams and providing technical guidance.
- Prepare CEQA/NEPA documents and oversee the NEPA/CEQA process.
- Prepare and oversee project permit applications to various federal, state, and local agencies.
- Prepare and oversee various environmental plans required for construction projects.
- Perform agency consultation and oversee preparation of environmental compliance reports.
- Supervising staff planners/environmental scientists
- Demonstrate confidence in decision-making and provide expertise to clients and peers.
- Assist in preparing proposals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelors degree in Environmental Studies or related field
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in environmental consulting, working with a diverse set of clients types
- Solid working knowledge of CEQA/NEPA/ CWA/ESA/NHPA
- Ability to build multidisciplinary project teams and execute projects collaboratively.
- Periodic short-term, regional travel expectations.
- Experience working with a diverse set of project types including electric transmission, power (conventional and renewable), oil & gas, industrial, transportation, water/wastewater infrastructure, residential, and commercial land uses.
- Self-motivated, have excellent technical writing and interpersonal communication skills, public speaking/oral presentation.
- OSHA Hazwopper 40 certification required or ability to obtain prior to employment.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Prior to employment this position will require the successful completion of a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top