Environmental Permitting Specialist
- Salt Lake City, UT
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist energy, mining, and community development companies in getting environmental permits and approvals for a diverse set of projects.
As an Environmental Permitting Specialist, your role is to assist the Environmental Team in preparing, developing, and coordinating environmental permits for various types of facilities for clients. These may include surface or underground mines, processing facilities, linear projects and various other related projects requiring environmental permits. Potential assignments include meeting with clients and regulators, supporting planning and development activities, coordinating subcontractors conducting environmental baseline studies, and planning strategic permitting timing sequences. The successful candidate will contribute to a wide variety of multi-disciplinary projects related to energy and mining industries from due diligence and feasibility studies to operational on-site assistance.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Preparing and developing environmental permits and schedules projects.
- Prepare permitting cost estimates.
- Write technical reports and provide internal peer review.
- Present permit planning results to clients.
- Pursue strategic clients and build relationships.
- Aid in developing proposals.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong English verbal and technical writing skills, including experience in writing proposals and technical reports.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally to support projects, marketing activities, and client needs.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in Environmental Engineering or other related environmental degree.
- Minimum of 5 years' working in the environmental permitting and mining industries, with experience in technical and/or management roles.
- Competency in Microsoft Office.
- Prefer experience in Federal, State and County permitting in Utah and the Intermountain West.
- Experience with Utah Division of Oil, Gas and Mining policies and staff a plus.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Designer
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 190003HK
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top