Environmental Inspector I - ( 190002EB )
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec is currently seeking an entry level Environmental Inspector to provide technical support on a variety of projects for Stantec. This position will be part of Stantec's Environmental Services team that provides the full range of expertise needed to address a variety of permitting and approval requirements for land development projects. Our staff members have established excellent working relationships with regulatory agencies throughout the mid-Atlantic, and our regulatory knowledge and scientific expertise allow us to help our clients develop the most effective approach to securing regulatory approvals and project delivery.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform VPDES/NPDES and VWP inspections.
- Communicate and collaborate with other Environmental and Regulatory Specialists to ensure consistency in project execution.
- Assist in the creation of technical documents in support of regulatory submissions, including permit applications, SWPPP and compliance summaries.
- Provide technical and regulatory support for development projects in both the pre-project permitting stage and post-approval stage.
- Perform and summarize database searches related to Threatened and Endangered Species, Natural Heritage and Section 106 Cultural Resources.
- Carry out project work within agreed time-frames and on budget.
- Support and ensure implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) Policies, Procedures, Standards and Guidelines in the execution of all work and coordinate with HSE professionals during the execution of all phases of project planning and implementation.
- Participate in team and independent based work.
Your capabilities and Credentials
- Experience with land disturbing activities requiring ESC/SWM, SWPPP compliance. - Strong technical writing skills, effective communication, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Experience with Section 404/401 permitting, VPDES/stormwater permitting, wetland and streams issues, technical reports, and compliance.
- Familiarity with federal and state regulations and permitting requirements as they pertain to wetlands, natural resources, cultural resources and land disturbance.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to independently manage time and work within established budgets.
- Demonstrated team player with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Excellent technical writing, organizational, and communications skills. - Strong technical writing skills, effective communication, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- DEQ ESC/SWM Inspector Certification Required
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or related field.
VA DEQ ESC/SWM Inspector Certification Required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : United States-Virginia-Fredericksburg
Other Locations : United States-Virginia-Roanoke, United States-Virginia-Richmond, United States-Virginia-Williamsburg
Job : Environmental Scientist
Organization : BC-2034 Environmental Services-US Virginia
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 25 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Apr 15, 2020, 8:11:54 AM
Req ID: 190002EB
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans