The STANTEC RESEARCH group has on opening for a highly motivated, full-time professional level Civil/Environmental Engineer. The successful candidate will work on challenging, diverse and high-profile research projects associated with water, wastewater, water reuse, and energy/sustainability projects. This exciting opportunity provides substantial career growth opportunities.
We are currently looking to add an Environmental Engineer to support the STANTEC RESEARCH group in our Pasadena, CA office location.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Prepare proposals focused on research topics from various outside funding agencies and organizations.
- Prepare proposals for client-funded research in support of municipal projects.
- Prepare technical papers for peer reviewed journals and present findings at selected conferences.
- Organize, draft and coordinate production of assigned sections of various reports to ensure technical consistency and inclusion of appropriate documentation.
- Lead and conduct desktop studies, literature reviews, and related investigations for various research projects.
- Plan, conduct and manage bench-, pilot- and field-scale investigations focused on water and wastewater treatment.
- Interact with client, regulatory agencies and other stakeholders to present and discuss all technical and non-technical elements of projects.
- Provide imaginative and innovative thinking to existing and new areas of research. Devise novel and detailed approaches in developing solutions for problems encountered.
- Travel required when requested.
Education and Experience
- PhD in civil/environmental engineering.
- 1-5 years of experience is preferred.
- Specific expertise in water, wastewater, or energy (as relates to water) field.
- Extremely strong verbal and written skills. Evidence of writing skills will be requested.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Good organizational skills. Detail-oriented and accustomed to producing high quality work.
- Experience with report writing, developing technical proposals and preparing task budgets.
- Strong propensity and track-record for writing peer-reviewed journal articles.
- Experience working in a team environment.
- Hands-on experience conducting lab experiments and pilot studies.
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry instruments and techniques.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Engineer
Primary Location: United States-California-Pasadena
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 1900012N
Back to top