Environmental Engineer/Geoscientist (Junior/Intermediate)
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
We are looking for a full-time Environmental Engineer/Geoscientist (Junior/Intermediate), to join our team. Working with the environmental site assessment and remediation team in St. John's, NL. Your Key Responsibilities The specific roles and responsibilities of this opportunity are:
- Assisting in the development and execution of environmental field programs Writing technical reports that summarize methods, results, conclusions and recommendations
- Helping prepare technical proposals and cost estimates
- Subsurface investigations including test pitting and borehole drilling
- Describing soil and bedrock samples using Standard Classification Systems Monitoring well installation
- Soil, soil vapour, groundwater, sediment, surface water sampling
- Site remediation monitoring
- Air quality sampling and monitoring
- Hazardous materials assessments and sampling (e.g., asbestos, lead paint, mould)
- Phase I and II Environmental Site Assessments
- Completion of in-situ permeability testing
- Evening and weekend work may be required
- Occasional travel within Newfoundland and Labrador will be required
Your Capabilities and Credentials The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong ability to work independently and in groups.
- Ability to analyze information, data, and develop appropriate conclusions.
- Results-oriented attitude with the ability to excel in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Must have valid driver's license. MVR checks will be performed prior to hire.
Education and Experience A university degree in geoscience or environmental engineering. A master's degree would be considered an asset.
1-5 years of experience in environmental engineering/geoscience.
P. Geo. or P. Eng. (or working towards professional registration) is required.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Melina plans out every last detail of healthcare construction projects, communicating with expert consultants in areas ranging from construction techniques and materials to finishing-touch interior choices.
Back to top