Environmental Compliance Manager/Engineer
Your Opportunity 2,500 Environmental Services staff. 20 technical specialties. 900 professional associations. An international team with local expertise. You could say we know a little something about the environment. Our passion for it drives our work. Grounded by safety, quality, and ethics, we come up with solutions that perfectly fit the site. We know what it takes to balance competing project interests with creativity and efficiency. We know what to look for. And, we know how to get the job done-the right way. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Our Environmental Compliance group is dedicated to managing environmental issues professionally and proactively. Our staff of professionals includes specialists in industrial stormwater permitting and engineering, water resource engineering, Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Plans, Facility Response Plans, air permitting and modeling, solid and hazardous waste management, compliance auditing, Phase I ESAs, site investigations and contaminant remediation, natural resources delineation and assessment, environmental policy and permitting, and GIS. Our team members have the opportunity to be involved in all these areas and more for a variety of public and private clients. We are seeking exceptionally talented and enthusiastic individuals with a keen interest in environmental permitting and management to join our team and advance their career.
Your Duties Stantec is seeking a mid or senior-level Environmental Scientist/Engineer for our Mequon or Green Bay, WI offices. Specifically, we are seeking an individual with a well-rounded background in the following areas:
- annual completion of EPCRA reports (Tier II; TRI);
- hazardous chemical and waste management;
- SPCC Plan preparation;
- SWPPP preparation and inspections;
- federal and state air quality requirements and completion of air compliance reports (e.g., AEIs; compliance certifications)
- EPA Risk Management Program
- environmental compliance facility auditing
- training program development and implementation
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or scientific discipline
- Five years' environmental permitting or consulting experience specifically dealing with a wide variety of environmental compliance program areas, including but not limited to: air compliance; chemical and waste management; SPCC Plans; NPDES industrial SWPPPs; and facility auditing
- Excellent English written and verbal communications skills
- Proven ability to establish excellent relationships with clients
- Proven ability to effectively interact with regulatory agencies
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and to prioritize and balance heavy workloads.
- Ability and desire to travel throughout the U.S. for project related activities.
- Demonstrated Project or Task Management is a plus
- Demonstrated experience to market and bring in project work is a plus.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top