Environmental Compliance Manager
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Your Opportunity As an Environmental Compliance Manager, you will work with multi-disciplinary teams on a variety of projects, providing sound and reasonable planning advice and conducting environmental assessments and permitting for projects as required. Your Key Responsibilities
- Direct and prepare Initial Studies, Negative Declarations, Environmental Impact Reports, Environmental Assessments, Environmental Impact Statements, and supporting technical studies.
- Oversee multiple projects simultaneously within scope/budget/schedule expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Develop a working understanding of Stantec's other consulting practice areas and actively support cross-selling other services to existing clients.
- Define and manage project objective, scope, schedule, budget, contracts, subcontracts and multi-disciplinary project teams to ensure client and project team satisfaction.
- Ensure client and regulator satisfaction via appropriate facilitation, negotiation, and issues resolution.
- Interact with and develop excellent relations with clients, regulators and stakeholders.
- Ensure QA/QC and H&S requirements and procedures are identified and followed throughout a project's life cycle.
- Technical work, review of reports and proposals and presentations.
- Mentor junior and intermediate staff.
- Manage a comprehensive team of environmental professionals.
- Manage communications and relationships with local, state and federal agencies.
- Perform risk assessments and determine appropriate courses of action.
- Perform schedule assessments and identify solutions to mitigate delays.
- Perform contract assessments.
- Lead high priority tasks and deliverables.
- Review design and construction plans and determine consistency with CEQA/NEPA and permits.
- Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrated success in developing client relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in business development and strategic planning.
- Excellent leadership, communication, organizational and mentoring skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to communicate complex issue to clients, regulators, and stakeholders.
- History of relevant professional development.
- Proven and demonstrated high quality technical writing skills.
- Experience in or a solid understanding of the consulting industry in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Must have strong oral and written communication skills, and be customer focused to understand and appropriately respond to clients business needs.
- Must demonstrate effective resource planning, results delivery, and staying current with relevant technology and innovation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have a good driving record and valid driver's license.
Office environment with prolonged sitting and computer work, or combination of office and field. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top