Entry-level Field Survey Technician/Rod-person
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected. Your Opportunity Our Tampa office has a great opportunity for an entry-level Field Survey Technician/Rod-person to join our team within our Transportation Group! The position offers opportunity for growth and advancement for motivated individuals willing to grow and learn new skills in the field of surveying.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Locating and driving stakes into the ground
- Transporting necessary supplies to and stocking the field vehicle
- Proper care and maintenance of equipment
- Properly and safely use tools such as: hammer, machete, chainsaw, and shovel
- Clear survey centerline of obstructions
- Paint and mark laths
- Hold and properly operate a level rod and Prism Pole
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Knowledge of field survey engineering methods and techniques and survey instruments helpful, but not required.
- Requires the ability to bend and stoop repeatedly and to move objects for long distances.
- Must be able to work in the field in a variety of weather conditions, uneven and rough terrain, with exposure to outdoor elements and dust.
- Ability to walk long distances, work long hours, nights, weekends, and out of town work possible.
- Must have good handwriting skills for marking stakes.
- Have a valid driver's license and be able to pass a driving record check
- Must pass a drug test
Education and Expereince High School Diploma or GED.
6 months experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top