Entry Level Traffic Engineer / Civil EIT
We create great places and the connections that get people and goods moving-whether by car, bus, train, plane, or their own two feet. Working within the context of the communities we serve, we provide planning, engineering, and infrastructure management services that fit the needs of our clients and improve the overall transportation experience. Join our team and help us keep communities connected.
Your Opportunity Stantec is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time entry level Engineer-in-Training to join our growing Transportation practice in California. As you begin your career, you will use your technical education and skills in a consulting engineering role to perform various computational design tasks as described below. In addition to the responsibilities listed below, duties as an entry level engineer-in-training may also include research of agency criteria and industry standard practices, and periodic construction observation for site development and public works related projects.
The selected candidate will have detail oriented technical design abilities, and exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Engineer
- Prepare plans and design calculations for transportation infrastructure improvements
- Coordination and communication with other engineers/consultants, agency staff, client representatives, and/or other team members
- Assist with writing technical traffic impact reports, preparing design calculations, and evaluating alternative solutions to meet the project needs
- Assist with processing preliminary plans and construction documents through various agencies to obtain approvals and construction permits
- Assist with the preparation of project quantity and cost estimates
- Assist with the preparation of Technical Specifications and Special Provision documents for bidding and construction
- Perform field observation and prepare record documents
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to Company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Knowledge/experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and/or MicroStation desirable
- Knowledge/experience with transportation planning software such as (Synchro, Vissum, Vistro, etc.) desirable
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency and flexibility to work in both a team atmosphere and independent environment
- Commitment to contribute in an organization where client service is a top priority
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record
- This position will require the successful passing of an AutoCADD Evaluation
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top