Entry Level Landscape Designer
Design empowers people; it inspires place and community and allows for the realization of their potential. Our Landscape Architects create inspired places at home and around the world where design meets life with engaging solutions and a commitment to sustainability. We take a collaborative design approach and believe that the best solutions of our community, hospitality, and urban design work are the products of diverse perspectives. Our multidisciplinary team unites all aspects of a project through the practice of landscape architecture. We are skilled in the art of collaboration and communication and engage our work in concert with architects and engineers.
Our office is located in Naples, on the gulf coast of Florida, a unique community of entrepreneurs, outdoor enthusiasts, athletes, and creative people of all sorts. The Naples area is known for its scenic beauty, beach front living, and award-winning quality of life. Area residents enjoy excellent schools, high-quality healthcare, eco-minded policies, and a remarkable variety of cultural, dining, shopping, and entertainment choices. We are within short driving distances of major sporting, music, and attraction venues expanding an already lush list of local lifestyle opportunities.
We value a healthy work-life balance. Our studio strives to create and nurture a diverse, enjoyable workplace while continuously working to perfect our craft.
You will join a collaborative professional staff to grow your design talents and creativity through a truly multidiscipline studio setting. As a member of this design team, including planners, architects, and engineers, a wide variety of exciting domestic and international projects await candidates that are willing to learn, grow, and enhance their professional skills in an exciting, dynamic environment while advancing their professional career.
In this entry level position, you will advance your technical skills while working together with the project team in developing creative and sustainable design solutions under the tutelage of Senior Landscape Architects. Being creative and detail oriented, you will produce design documents, together with conceptual and final landscape designs, renderings, cost estimates, scope of work, specifications, site analysis and other construction documents, including local code requirements.
Your Key Responsibilities
As the successful candidate your responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of landscape design including site analysis, project theming, schematic design and design development.
- Assists the project team with the preparation of project documentation during all phases of design, such as project graphics and exhibits, site grading, paving designs, walls, structures, site lighting, planting and irrigation design, as well as layout of land uses for buildings and other facilities.
- Develops technical skills and assists the project team with drawings and drafting in the creative design process.
- Prepares and coordinates technical activities on assigned projects.
- Assists with the preparation of required documents and plans.
- Assists the project team with planting design including developing planting concepts or plans.
- Supports construction administration on projects by attending workshops, site visits and/or construction meetings and assisting in preparing sketches or drawing revisions.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- A strong working knowledge of AutoCAD.
- Basic experience with relevant drafting/design software, such as LandFX, SketchUp, Photoshop, InDesign, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of design.
- General technical understanding of construction means and methods, materials and building codes.
- Possess proficient hand drafting and sketching abilities resulting in strong conceptual designs.
- Ability to successfully communicate with clients, consultants, contractors and design team members, internally, externally, and in the field.
- Positive, solution-oriented attitude.
- Develops cooperative skills in working with a team and understanding of task assignments, budgeting, and project schedule.
- Comfortable working within a team environment, as well as being productive independently with limited supervision.
- Self-motivated and passionate about design, possesses strong time management, critical thinking, organizational skills, and has the ability to multitask.
* To be considered for this position, a portfolio or URL to your online portfolio must be provided with the submission of your resume.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Landscape Architecture or related field.
- Minimum of 0-5 years of experience.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Landscape Designer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Naples
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 20 % of the Time
Req ID: 190000RE
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Jon H.Operations Director
Jon is responsible for growing Stantec in the northwest region of the United Kingdom and leading and guiding the team in this area.
Back to top