Entry Level Geotech Engineer
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to hydropower, dams, locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized waterpower and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful waterpower and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities. Your Opportunity You will work with direct guidance and supervision on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer / Designer.
You will be involved in civil engineering and geotechnical tasks related to technical work involving components of infrastructure projects focusing on dams and hydropower projects, pumped hydropower, tunnels and to a lesser degree, water and wastewater projects. Activities include civil engineering planning and analysis, technical writing, design calculations, specifications and drawings that are related to the development of hydropower and dams infrastructure projects during early phases of the project life cycle. Tasks may include preliminary project conceptual planning phase and design phase work, although you may participate in projects that have matured to a later stage including: construction, testing and start up, operation and maintenance, modification and upgrade, and decommissioning phases. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation, and specification of engineered structures or planning, designing heavy civil geotechnical projects. Your Key Responsibilities
- Uses knowledge of the general concepts of relevant geotechnical engineering elements including design, work planning, budgeting and scheduling in support of the development of scope of project and proposal documents.
- Assists team in preparing drawings and reports. Conducts basic calculations and Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
- Assists with basic engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assists with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
- Basic understanding of general concepts of relevant areas of civil design.
- Basic understanding of AutoCAD Civil 3D and any other relevant design software and knowledge of calculations performed by the software.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Developing cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from Senior Engineers / Designers
- Proficient in Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top