Entry Level Designer/Engineer-in-Training, Mechanical
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
As an Entry Level Mechanical Designer /Engineer-in-Training, you will work with guidance and direction on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer. You will participate in the evaluation, recommendation and specification of engineered systems and products for project applications, verifying compliance with applicable codes and engineering standards and practices.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Conduct basic interpretations of drawings, codes and other similar materials.
- Perform Revit design for the mechanical discipline using knowledge of relevant software programs.
- Work with architectural, interior, structural, electrical and other engineering disciplines in the coordination of the project under the direction of a senior engineer /designer.
- Perform field work as directed by a senior engineer /designer.
- Perform basic calculations to analyze and design individual building mechanical system components using company standard software and proprietary manufacturer software.
- Assist with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Assist with collecting data and gathering information to support design decisions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Basic understanding of Revit and AutoCAD and their use as a drafting /design tool; proficiency a plus.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Ability to interpret sketches, drawings, building program and other similar material.
- Ability to receive direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from Senior Engineers.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering; Engineer-in-Training certification preferred
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Designer
Primary Location: United States-California-Sacramento
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190000KK
Back to top