Entry Level Civil Engineer / Civil EIT
Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable. Your Opportunity Stantec is actively seeking qualified candidates for a full-time entry level Civil Engineer-in-Training to join our growing Community Development practice in California. As you begin your career, you will use your technical education and competencies in a consulting engineering role to prepare plans, specifications, and estimates for civil facilities (grading, roadways, drainage improvements, other support utilities, etc.), and assist with the implementation of these facilities on of a wide variety of projects (residential, commercial, industrial, institutional, recreational, etc.). We will provide you with the opportunity to work in and dynamic team setting to obtain applicable experience for your Professional Engineering License as you work under the supervision and mentorship of experienced professional.
The selected candidate will have demonstrated leadership skills, solid technical design competence, and exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Perform technical tasks on projects under the supervision of the Project Manager or Project Engineer
- Prepare plans and design calculations for civil infrastructure improvements
- Coordination and communication with other engineers/consultants, agency staff, client representatives, and/or other team members
- Assist with writing technical reports, preparing design calculations, and evaluating alternative solutions to meet the project needs
- Assist with processing preliminary plans and construction documents through various agencies to obtain approvals and construction permits
- Assist with the preparation of drainage reports, SWPPP documents, and erosion control plans
- Assist with the preparation of Engineers Opinion of Probable Cost
- Assist with the preparation of Technical Specifications and Special Provision documents for bidding and construction
- Perform field observation and prepare record documents of "As - Constructed" facilities
- Follow safe work practices and adhere to Company guidelines and policies for planning and executing work in a safe manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Prior experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficiency and flexibility to work in both a team atmosphere and independent environment
- Commitment to contribute in an organization where client service is a top priority
- Possess a valid driver's license and good driving record
- This position will require the successful passing of an AutoCADD Evaluation
Education and Experience Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering (or related field). Successfully complete the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam in the state of California, OR demonstrate the ability to obtain within 6 months of hire.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top