Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
Your Opportunity Stantec's Minneapolis, MN office has an opportunity for an Engineer in Training in our Community Development group.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Inspection of construction sites for compliance with professional engineering principals and specifications and coordinate related project requirements.
- Assist with plans and specifications, CAD drafting and project delivery
- Facilitate weekly meetings with City, County, Townships or developers.
- Review plans and specifications for standard or routine requirements and calculate and document materials on the project.
- Respond to contractors, clients and citizen questions and concerns and mediate conflict.
- Recommends approval of contractor pay requests
- Completes reports detailing inspection results, quantities of materials used, and daily activities - Coordinates testing on projects.
- Develop CAD plans, drawings, reports and design requirements.
- Prepare sections of documents using standard text and, to a limited extent, compose original text
- Complete tasks within budget and deadline
- Develop positive relationships with co-workers, clients, citizens, regulatory agencies and contractors through tactful and effective communication
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred.
- MNDOT certifications preferred.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills.
- Must have good written communication skills.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must have a vehicle, good driving record and valid drivers license.
0-4 years' experience
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best
Back to top