The Stantec Community Development team brings together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Our St. Paul office has an opportunity for an Engineer in Training in our Community Development group.
This individual will be responsible for inspection of construction sites for compliance with professional engineering principals and specifications and coordinate related project requirements. This individual may assist with plans and specifications, CAD drafting and project delivery Typical client projects will be for Cities, Counties and Townships as well as private developers.
Duties may include:
- Inspection of large or specialized construction sites for compliance with technical construction requirements.
- Facilitate weekly meetings with City, County, Townships or developers.
- Review plans and specifications for standard or routine requirements and calculate and document materials on the project.
- Respond to contractors, clients and citizen questions and concerns and mediate conflict.
- Recommends approval of contractor pay requests.
- Completes reports detailing inspection results, quantities of materials used, and daily activities
- Coordinates testing on projects.
- Develop CAD plans, drawings, reports and design requirements.
- Prepare sections of documents using standard text and, to a limited extent, compose original text.
- Complete tasks within budget and deadline.
- Develop positive relationships with co-workers, clients, citizens, regulatory agencies and contractors through tactful and effective communication.
- Four-year degree in Civil Engineering.
- 0-4 years of experience, perferably working on municipal engineering projects.
- Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) preferred.
- MNDOT certifications preferred.
- Must have strong verbal communication skills.
- Must have good written communication skills.
- Must be detail orientated.
- Must have a vehicle, good driving record also required.
# of Openings Remaining 1
Experience (Years) 0
Discipline Community Development
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top