Engineering Supervisor (Structural and Mechanical)
At our core, we're a community. Together, we exercise creative thought, developing engineering and designs as individual as the people and projects we touch. From approval and permitting to design and construction management services, we put the goals of our clients and their communities at the center of everything we create. Join us as we assist mining companies in getting mined materials to communities around the globe.
Our Mining group is seeking an Engineering Supervisor to join our team in the North Bay, ON office. This position will be responsible for providing leadership, strategic direction and applying quality assurance practices to Discipline Engineering activities of the Stantec Mining Business Line (MBL). This includes Mechanical, and Structural.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Maintaining a strong safety culture within the engineering group.
- Assist in resource management processes, recruitment, career development, succession planning, coaching and mentoring, and leadership development across the discipline.
- Interfacing with key clients on a regular basis and pursuing work with new clients.
- Supporting Business Development functions through proposal development, respective CoE? Programs and abstract and conference requirements
- Maintaining of training plans and coordination of resources across the MBL
- Occupy a leadership role in the implementation of Discipline Engineering systems as required by Project Management Complex (PMC) and additional best practice.
- Occupy a leadership role in implementation of key strategic initiatives that support the MBL's Strategic Vision and Goals.
- Champion Creativity and Innovation (C&I) and Research and Development (R&D) initiatives relevant to Discipline Engineering within the business line; Assist with developing the annual business plan and budget for the business line as it relates to Discipline Engineering.
- Ensure the Engineering Department maintains consistency and efficiency in the execution of work and deliverables produced meet or exceed quality requirements.
- Coaching and mentoring direct reports to ensure a culture of accountability, mutual respect and technical excellence permeates throughout the Engineering Discipline.
- Actively managing performance and conducting specific annual performance reviews of direct reports.
- Supporting the development and implementing a technical resource deployment process with the Manager, Project Management.
- Supporting the development of annual plans for the engineering group that identifies specific goals, objectives, initiatives complete with measurable KPIs, in alignment with Corporate and Sector strategic plans, coupled with internally identified gaps or weaknesses within the Engineering Discipline.
- Assisting in identifying/defining project scopes, key deliverables and execution planning to identify project specific technical resource needs.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong knowledge, interpretation, and application of mechanical and structural standards.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of mechanical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead one or more teams through all phases of project document production.
- Demonstrate creativity, foresight and mature engineering judgment in anticipating and solving problems.
- Thorough understanding of mechanical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Strong consulting skills including ability to act as main point of contact to various stakeholders.
- Leading by example, integrates continuous improvement concepts and techniques into all aspects of the job.
- Proven mentoring skills and desire to work with and encourage staff.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, and a proven ability to write clear, thorough technical reports.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple jobs/projects.
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to perform in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Be a driver of a positive work environment.
- Knowledge of and ability to use standard computer applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, and Revit.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Engineering
8-10 years of experience in the profession as an Engineer 3-5 years in a Leadership position
Licensed Professional Engineer
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Mechanical Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-Ontario-North Bay
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 2000002B
Back to top