Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting-edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career.
Stantec's Transmission & Distribution group is currently hiring entry level Engineering Specialists for assignment in Jacksonville, FL Lake Mary, FL and Wyomissing, PA.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Designing of complex electrical distribution projects including large overhead to underground conversions, feeder reconductors, and Smart Grid equipment installation for voltages 69kV and under
- Become proficient at multiple client programs
- Perform site field visit for verification of existing distribution facilities and project requirements
- Develop bill of material required for construction based upon client standards
- Develop construction prints detailing facilities to be removed/installed.
- Develop permit drawings as necessary to accommodate construction.
- Review project scope and identify issues early on
- Interact with clients to clarify scope
- Work with the senior engineer through the idea generating stage
- Support the day to day activities of the project from inception through engineering, construction, commissioning and hand over
- Report the progress of the project to the senior engineer as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Strong GIS experience
- Proficiency with CAD (AutoCAD, preferably)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Be able to demonstrate solid leadership and communication skills
- Flexibility to prioritize and work on multiple projects with various due dates and scopes
- Valid driver's license
- Available to travel up to 20%
Education and Experience
- We require, at minimum, a bachelor's degree in engineering. Degrees must be from an accredited university in a related field of study
- Experience working with a major electrical utility would be desirable
- Working knowledge of electrical utility systems, policies and procedures including engineering standards preferred
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Designer
Primary Location: United States-Florida-Jacksonville
Other Locations: United States-Florida-Lake Mary, United States-Pennsylvania-Wyomissing
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900011X
Back to top