Engineering Manager, T&D
Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities. Seeing beyond the project at hand, you'll work with us to advance the industry and build your career. We operate with the strength of a $3B company and have the agility of a specialized power group, and work on some of the most challenging and cutting edge projects around the world. Whether helping to define microgrids, pushing the boundaries on clean energy or grid modernization, you'll find yourself working with leaders in transmission & distribution, thermal generation, and renewable energy in one of the world's top 10 design firms, broadening your skills and developing your career. Your Opportunity Stantec is looking for an Engineering Manager to lead, schedule and execute T&D projects from our San Diego, CA office. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is motivated to achieve and wants to lead, develop and be part of a growing team. In addition to having a strong technical background in Indoor/Outdoor Electric Substation design between 4 kV and 500 kV, the Engineering Manager should be well versed in the planning, scheduling, and reporting associated with all types of T&D projects from project initiation to close-out.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Be responsible for the Power business line annual KPI's for San Diego office and work with business line leadership to meet Stantec annual targets and assess trends.
- Mentor and lead T&D engineering staff to promote career development. Provide guidance and act as first point of contact for internal training initiatives and external technical training.
- Advise T&D staff and Power Business line management on current industry trends, client specific program requirements, regulatory requirements, Stantec Power processes and tools.
- Checks the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manages time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Assist business development, marketing and project teams in the development of project proposals.
- Responsible for working with BC leadership to add staff as needed to support work backlog either through new hires or internal resource allocation from other offices.
- Where applicable work with leadership to implement corrective action plans to drive continuous improvement.
- Provide support and help conduct contractor prequalification assessments as per Stantec's procedures when requested.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to lead multiple teams through all phases of project document production.
- Participates and collaborates in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Advanced understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to communicate ideas to others.
- Ability to meet business line KPI's and provide corrective action to projects, personnel development and team productivity as required.
- Strong presentation and interview skills.
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Must have a valid US driver's license and good driving record.
- Must be able to lift up to 30lbs.
Minimum of 10 years of experience, showing progressive levels of responsibility with a min of 2 years demonstrated engineering management.
Demonstrated ability to perform in a consulting environment.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top