Your Opportunity: We believe good design extends beyond the physical elements of a space-good design shapes our lives, influences our behaviors and interactions, and has purpose. We strive to design spaces that are meaningful and memorable for our communities. Join our team of creative professionals and work with us to create inspiring spaces for all.
Stantec's Chicago office is looking for a licensed Mechanical Engineer to join our growing Architecture group.
Your Duties: The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assist the architects with the management of retail clients for various engineering groups within Stantec.
- Assist the architects with the development of new retail clients.
- Schedule and be able to represent all disciplines at client meetings.
- Monitor the client's construction budget and manage the design to meet the budget.
- Maintain engineering tracking tasks and monitor engineering deliverables.
- Coordinate engineering work throughout other Stantec offices, while remaining the clients' primary contact throughout a project.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field.
- Mechanical Engineering license.
- LEED AP preferred.
- 5+ years' experience as Project Engineer or Project Manager.
- 15 to 20 years design experience in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Background and experience in Retail/Commercial related projects, including prototype development and site-adaptation is a plus.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering design principles and construction materials.
- Must have proven ability to grow existing client programs.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) required.
- Must be a self-starter.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and workflows, and meet deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of AutoCad and Revit.
- Must be able to travel.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top