Engineering Intern - Power & Dams
Stantec employs approximately 22,000 experts including engineers, consultants and construction professionals globally. As specialists in water and natural resources, Stantec employees use innovative ideas and technology to solve complex infrastructure and environmental challenges.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Summer Engineering Internship to support the Waterpower and Dams (W&D) business center within our downtown Denver office. This is a terrific opportunity for a college junior/senior/graduate student to support a number of exciting projects while learning important skillsets.
Our Denver based WP&D team includes a multidisciplinary staff, including civil, geotechnical/geologic, structural and water resource engineers that specializes in the planning, analysis, design, and construction of water storage, water conveyance and hydropower projects including:
- Embankment, Concrete & RCC Dams
- Hydraulic Structures including Spillways and Outlet Works
- Tunnels & Shafts for Pipelines
The Stantec internship program is a great opportunity for students to prepare for a career in engineering while getting paid. We provide real hands-on experience and project-related work opportunities to help students connect their studies into a new context - the business environment. It's an excellent opportunity to build relationships and learn from respected figures in the industry while gaining a better understanding of the big picture of things.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for dam and tunnel design projects.
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, drafting proposals, drafting correspondence, tracking project costs, and completing progress reports.
- Performing simple calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to CAD, GIS, design, and cross-training.
- Performing research and contacting vendors for information.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME.
- High School Diploma and enrollment in an accredited engineering program required.
- Completion of at least 2 years of undergraduate coursework towards pursuing a degree in accredited engineering is preferred.
- Good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction.
- Experience (Years) 0
- Discipline Civil Engineering
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-Denver
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 2000003C
Back to top