- Salt Lake City, UT
Join a team that has been partnering with our clients for more than 100 years to improve the quality of life around the world. When it comes to energy generation and transformation as well as locks and navigation projects, we design with the next generation in mind. We operate with the strength of a $3B company paired with the agility of a specialized power and dams group, to deliver some of the most iconic and cutting edge projects around the world. This proud legacy has fostered a culture of innovation and safety, leading our team to design the world's most impactful power and dam projects-projects vital to both local and global communities..
Stantec employs approximately 22,000 experts including engineers, consultants and construction professionals globally.
We are seeking qualified candidates for a Summer Engineering Internship to support the Power and Dams (P&D) business center within our Salt Lake City office. This is a terrific opportunity for a college senior/graduate student to support a number of exciting projects while learning important skillsets.
Our Salt Lake City based Power Delivery team specializes in high voltage transmission and low voltage distribution line design.
The Stantec internship program is a great opportunity for students to prepare for a career in engineering while getting paid. We provide real hands-on experience and project-related work opportunities to help students connect their studies into a new context - the business environment. It's an excellent opportunity to build relationships and learn from respected figures in the industry while gaining a better understanding of the big picture of things.
Full-time positions are also available through this opening and candidates will be considered for various levels of employment based upon their experience and availability. Candidates that successfully complete the Stantec internship program are well-positioned to pursue further opportunities within the company.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting technical staff with various project tasks, including researching, compiling and evaluating project data, preparing reports and performing calculations for T&D design
- Assisting in project administration including writing reports, gathering information, and completing progress reports.
- Performing simple engineering calculations, computer data entry, along with some exposure to PLS-CADD, PLS-Pole and PLS-Tower
Your Capabilities and Credentials
ONLY CONSIDERING LOCAL CANDIDATES AT THIS TIME
- Good interpersonal abilities for working in a team environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma enrollment in an accredited engineering program required
- Completion of at least 3 years of undergraduate coursework towards pursuing a degree in accredited engineering is required
- Post-graduate academic experience preferred
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Utah-Salt Lake City
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 200000JM
Back to top