The Denver, CO office of MWH, now part of Stantec, has an immediate opening for an Engineering Intern (Part Time) to join our multi-disciplinary team of integrated water resources professionals, each committed to delivering sound and strategic consulting services to a range of local, regional, state and federal clients. If working on challenging projects and working on teams aimed at delivering solutions to some of Colorado's most complex water resource opportunities appeal to you, join us.
Responsibilities of this position include the following:
• Gain and apply experience in Colorado water resources including river systems/water-related infrastructure, applicable laws/policies/regulations, and understanding of operations of major water utilities in the state
• Participate in multi-disciplinary teams on water resources projects throughout Colorado and the western U.S.
• Conduct technical evaluations supporting planning and design of water supply, flood control, and environmental restoration projects
• Coordinate with project managers, project engineers and staff, clients, regulatory agencies, and subcontractors
• Perform project documentation including preparing reports that technical memoranda
• Perform other duties as assigned
• In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in civil/environmental engineering, water resources engineering, hydrology, geology, environmental science, ecology, natural resources, water resources planning, or related field, with a minimum of 2 years of related undergraduate coursework
• Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following:
o Water allocation, reservoir operation, and water system hydrologic models
o Development of criteria to evaluate system performance or ecosystem health
o Engineering feasibility analyses and design
o Hydrology and hydraulics
o Integrated water management
o Planning of water/wastewater infrastructure
o Water/wastewater treatment processes
o Advanced and emerging technologies
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH, now part of Stantec, considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email [email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top