Strong communities don't just happen-they're built. They're creatively imagined, collaboratively planned, and readied to face tomorrow with optimism. We're driving the future of Community Development. Our experts lead their fields, collaborating on projects that are as technically challenging as they are impactful, creative, and fulfilling. We're a place where you can apply your passion-and find endless opportunities to help make communities more equitable, resilient, and livable.
As an Engineering Assistant Co-op for our Philadelphia Land Development Team, you will work in a team environment and have exposure to infrastructure projects which may include grading, utility, transportation, and hydrology. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken civil engineering design or construction management type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Assisting Engineers and Designers in preparation of drawings and specifications as well as other documents for bid and construction with exposure to Urban Land Development, Public Green Stormwater Infrastructure Utilities, and Public Water and Sewer Utilities
- Preparing and editing drawings on AutoCAD software
- Performing stormwater calculations on HydroCAD
- Development of overall construction plans including grading, erosion and sediment control plans
- Complete other engineering/administrative duties as required
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Requires understanding of basic AutoCAD and Civil 3D
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
- Knowledge of state and federal regulations, policies, and programs, are a plus
Education and Experience
- In progress toward earning a Bachelor's degree (minimum) in civil engineering
- Specific coursework or exposure to one or more of the following: planning, design, construction infrastructure, and construction management
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Employee Status: Temporary
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190002OQ
Back to top