Engineer In Training, Civil
Stantec, a global leader in engineering, environmental, construction, and technology, has an opening in our Indianapolis, IN office for a full-time entry level Civil Engineer in Training. The successful candidate will work on challenging and diverse tasks associated with municipal storm water capital projects including drainage investigations, storm water scoping reports, sizing of pipes and channels and plan review. MS4 NPDES compliance tasks to include coordination with municipal operations personnel, water quality training, post-construction water quality, federal and state waterway permitting, and construction erosion and sediment controls inspection and training. This exciting opportunity provides amazing career growth opportunities.
The following skills will be considered for this position:
1. Successfully apply technical engineering planning and design skills to assigned projects.
2. Interact professionally with client, the public and project team members.
3. Effectively deal with and resolve project tasks and issues.
4. Consistently maintain client satisfaction that results in potential opportunities and excellent Company references.
5. Organize, draft, compile and coordinate production of assigned project documentation and reports.
6. Complete data analysis for conceptual planning and design, prepare waterway permitting applications, complete hydraulic analyses and modeling, and review transportation plans for storm water standards and NPDES compliance as required.
7. Conduct work in a safe manner and follow company work practices.
• Bachelor's Degree minimum in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
• 1-3 years of experience
• Must have taken or be prepared to take the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) exam to become and Engineer in Training (EIT) within one year of employment date, with a commitment to obtain registration as a Professional Engineer in Indiana.
• Prior engineering internship experience working in a consulting capacity or in a municipality is a plus.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
• Strong interpersonal abilities for working in diverse team environments with staff, clients, and stakeholders. Successful candidate will be co-located with the client and work directly with the client and storm water program management team.
• Must demonstrate the ability to convey project technical information to project managers, clients and peers
• Must demonstrate organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and take direction
• InfoWorks ICM, MIKE Urban, InfoSWMM, XP-SWMM, PC-SWMM, and ArcGIS. Willingness to learn NPDES
• Basic computer knowledge is required including the Microsoft Office Suite
At MWH, now part of Stantec, we believe growing a great engineering, consulting and construction services company happens from the inside out. We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. We believe that building a great career is as important as Building a Better World.
If working on the best water and natural resources projects around the world, building on your talents through a premier knowledge-sharing culture, and connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
MWH Global…we're looking for opportunities.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
Stantec appreciates the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to Stantec or any Stantec employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with Stantec will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, Stantec is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email Alicia.Slade[email protected]
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top