Engineer in Training
Your Opportunity: We bring together the places that make communities feel like home whether it's an urban park, a commercial plaza, or a residential neighborhood. We do this because we're part of the community too and we care about the places where we live-just as much as you do. Join the team that truly designs with community in mind.
Your Duties: Stantec's Van Nuys, CA office is looking for an entry level Engineer (EIT) or Civil Designer to join our community development group. Typical duties will include:
- Preparation of engineering drawings using AutoCAD or Civil3D
- Engineering Calculations
- Reports and permit applications for a wide range of land development projects.
- Candidates will be provided the opportunity to develop their site/civil engineering design skills while assisting the design team in various tasks including: civil site design, construction documentation, and agency processing.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering.
- 1 to 2 years of related work experience.
- EIT preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organization skills are highly desirable.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required; experience with Civil 3D is highly desirable.
- Experience in the design of grading, drainage, and stormwater quality measures is also desirable.
Qualified candidates who are highly motivated and eager to commit to Stantec's strategic initiative to become a Top 10 global design firm should submit their resume and cover letter, online at www.stantec.com/careers .
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top