Your Opportunity: Our Stantec High Performance Buildings Team (HPB Team) specializes in the sustainable design and development processes unique to buildings. Working closely with our clients, our dedicated professionals help to establish and understand the specific needs of a range of building projects.
Within the Winnipeg Buildings Engineering Practice Area, the Stantec HPB Team provides consulting services at all scales of the built environment and at every stage of the building life cycle based upon the principles and goals of sustainability and stewardship. The HPB service areas reflect the interconnected systems-based nature of sustainability and include LEED Consulting, Building Performance Simulation, and Strategic Sustainability Consulting. We are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, commissioning and ongoing building optimization. Our open structure, collaborate culture, and sustainable design ethos cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Your Duties: The Winnipeg Office is looking for a self-motivated Energy Modeler to provide support, technical expertise, direction and leadership in the execution of sustainability projects. You would bring good communication skills, technical strengths, project experience, ability to provide excellent client service and a commitment to sustainable design.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support projects through services including energy modelling, LEED documentation, researching sustainable building design strategies, and writing reports
- Provide building performance modelling that analyzes energy and thermal performance of new and existing commercial, institutional, and residential buildings
- Work with clients and design teams in an integrated design approach to identify appropriate design strategies geared towards improving energy performance, indoor air quality, and thermal comfort; provide ongoing analysis through design and construction
- Complete Energy Audits - identification of potential energy efficiency measures, utility demand, and consumption analysis
- Prepare LEED documentation associated with energy modeling; assist with coordination of other LEED documentation as necessary
- Energy Related Mechanical Engineering - design, analysis and reporting in support of efficient and sustainable energy related projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials: Essentials:
- Graduation as a Mechanical Engineer from an accredited university, or as a Mechanical Engineering or Architectural Technician or Technologist with a minimum of 2 years of buildings energy modeling experience.
- Experience in a consulting or building construction environment with a specialization in building mechanical systems, building envelopes, and/or building energy efficiency.
- Minimum 2 years' experience using IES Virtual Environment preferred , or other modeling software tools such as eQuest, TRNSYS, EnergyPlus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as report writing skills
- LEED Accredited Professional status with the Canadian Green Building Council (or significant progress towards this accreditation).
- An understanding of energy retrofit methods and government energy efficiency incentive programs.
- Experience in alternative energy including any of the following technologies: solar thermal, solar PV, wind, geo-exchange, cogeneration, district energy, biomass, and ocean energy.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP).
- Knowledge of relevant standards including ASHRAE 90.1, NECB, etc.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top