Energy Management Engineer
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
Your Opportunity Stantec's Vancouver based Sustainability & Building Performance studio is a collaborative and creative group of multidisciplinary sustainability and energy management professionals. We provide professional consulting in support of high quality and high performance projects, including performance engineering, green building consulting and facilitation, energy management, and energy simulation services.
We work with a diverse group of clients and project types in the health care, education, institutional, airport, commercial, and community development sectors.
We are looking for a self-motivated engineer with specialized expertise in sustainable design and energy management. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership to a wide range of green building and sustainable design projects, and will help solidify and grow our performance engineering team in British Columbia.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct building Energy & Water Benchmarking analysis. Validate utility consumption profiles using procedures such as regression analysis and weather normalization.
- Conduct ASHRAE Level 1 & 2 Energy & Water Assessments of building assets to identify opportunities for reductions in utility consumption.
- Whole Building Energy Modeling using IES Virtual Environment, eQUEST, EnergyPlus.
- Perform Building Control Optimization studies. Identify opportunities to reduce utility consumption through revisions to DDC control sequences.
- Assist in delivering Measurement & Verification studies.
- Perform detailed Life Cycle Cost Analysis to guide design team decisions.
- Participate in Research & Development projects to identify opportunities to improve buildings performance.
- Expertise in conducting ASHRAE Level 1 & 2 Energy Assessments, identifying utility savings opportunities and providing cost saving estimates.
- A strong background in Mechanical System design/operation, Lighting Technologies and DDC Control strategies is required for this role.
- Excellent report writing & analytical skills is essential.
- Professional Engineer (P.Eng) or Engineer in Training (E.I.T).
- Experience in Building Energy Modelling is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with the LEED rating system is highly desirable.
- Certified Energy Manager (CEM).
- Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP).
- Knowledge and experience of BC Hydro & FortisBC incentive programs.
- Knowledge of Vancouver & BC Building Codes.
- Experience with commissioning & retrocommissioning
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Travel to remote locations will be required. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top