Emerging Contaminants Program Director
- Villa Park, IL
Grounded in safety, quality, and ethics, our experts lead their fields and guide our work with rigor, a creative spirit, and vision for growth. We draw from more than 20 technical specialties around the globe and are committed to fostering an inclusive community of diverse talents, backgrounds, and expertise. We're a place to apply your passion and collaborate with top environmental talents on work that's critical to our clients and the communities they support. Join a team that has the environment down to a science.
Stantec has an opportunity for an Emerging Contaminants Program (ECP) Director to expand our service offerings in North America and globally. Based in the US North Central region, this Senior Principal level position, will be integral to our growth efforts, providing exceptional regulatory leadership to our clients and winning work, all while working collaboratively across Business Operating Units (BOUs; business lines) in Stantec.
- Develop, lead, manage the ECP which includes multiple emergent contaminants and grow revenue for the emerging contaminants practice in Stantec.
- Create the program key performance indicators including sales and revenue goals and marketing and business development budgets, that will ensure success of the program.
- Pursue business development opportunities in key market sectors and lead proposal teams across BOU's to allow Stantec to win emerging contaminants market share.
- Build and maintain relationships across all Stantec business lines, geographies and groups, as well as staff, clients and regulators.
- Identify resourcing gaps and build, grow and develop a team of high performers through the recruitment and retention of specialist staff within the sector.
- Act as an advisor and mentor with multi-disciplinary regional and national teams.
- Act as a subject matter expert to solve complex problems providing innovative practical solutions for clients on major projects.
- Participate in research and development opportunities and projects including learning institutions in R&D, technology and equipment development.
- Produce technical papers, conduct public and customer specific presentations to promote Stantec expertise.
- Drive Stantec's Safer Together culture, prioritizing the health and safety of our employees.
- Demonstrate a commitment to our code of business conduct and ethics policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Recognized nationally (internationally preferred) with expertise in environmental risk assessment and toxicology.
- In-depth knowledge PFAS regulations and legislations including AFFF and F3 alternatives.
- Has a clear understanding of current and future business conditions and drivers including the revenue and profit potential for the emerging contaminants field.
- Experience of managing state, federal and industrial clients and leading PFAS programs across States, Provinces and other governmental units with North America, Europe, Australia and New Zealand.
- Established reputation as an industry leader through publication of technical papers and presentations at conferences.
- Deep understanding of contaminant transport modeling software, GIS, 3D visualization software.
- Ability to make scientific information easily understood by decision makers.
Education and Experience
- Degree in Environmental Services or related discipline. Master's degree and/or Ph.D. in Environmental Sciences with a specific focus on emerging contaminants preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience, which must include relevant consulting experience within the emerging contaminants field.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather. Ability to lift and move items and equipment up to 50 lbs.
Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Environmental Scientist
Primary Location: United States-Minnesota-Minneapolis
Other Locations: United States-Ohio-Logan, United States-Ohio-Cincinnati, United States-Illinois-Chicago, United States-Ohio-Cleveland, United States-Indiana-Indianapolis, United States-Michigan-Ann Arbor, United States-Ohio-Columbus, United States-Wisconsin-Mequon, United States-Illinois-Lombard, United States-Michigan-Farmington Hills, United States-Michigan-Okemos, United States-Wisconsin-De Pere
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Manager
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time
Req ID: 200000PZ
Back to top