Your Opportunity: Our Buildings Group offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design, construction and operations, to decommissioning. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our professionals deliver innovative, integrated, and practical solutions to complex industrial problems in many sectors, including healthcare, industrial facilities, education, etc. Comprised of industry process experts, engineers, technologists, architects, as well as occupational health and safety professionals, we provide career opportunities as unique as you are.
An opportunity exists in Stantec's Ottawa, ON office for a highly motivated Electrical Technologist to join our growing, multi-disciplinary team.
Your Duties: Working as part of a team, your work will involve design, drafting, and construction administration support for buildings projects and for industrial electrical systems including power distribution, standby power and motor controls.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Certificate or Diploma in an Electrical Engineering technology program
- Minimum of 1 year of design experience with an electrical consulting engineering environment is preferred; facilities related experience in the light industrial sector is a must; site review experience is also a requirement
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience with recent versions of AutoCAD
- Working knowledge and experience with Revit
- Experience and familiarity with electrical, mechanical HVAC, structural and architectural disciplines is a definite asset
- Effective communication skills are essential, including interpersonal and verbal abilities within the team environment
- Must be well organized to be able to prioritize multiple tasks and demonstrate a flexible approach to work assignments
- Ability to work in English and French is considered an asset.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top