Electrical & Instrumentation Construction Coordinator - Independent Contractor
As energy availability becomes increasingly critical, there's no end to the scope and significance of your work - and to where it can take you at Stantec. Every day, we're problem-solving and collaborating on projects that are as challenging as they are impactful. Whether designing a transformational cross-country pipeline, optimizing facilities, verifying the safety and reliability of an asset, or in the field overseeing construction projects, you'll be joining a team of recognized industry experts on work that's critical to our clients and our communities. The Oil & Gas industry is changing - and we're helping clients stay ahead of the change. Join a team that's working together with industry to deliver innovation for the long term on some of the most important and interesting projects around the world.
Reporting to the Senior Construction Coordinator, the E&I Construction Coordinator may be assigned to the job site and will be responsible for overseeing construction in specific areas. This includes compliance monitoring of the Contractor(s). The role will include the daily reporting, and monitoring of information for transmission back to the home office through the Senior Construction Coordinator.
We are looking to fill this position for opportunities in Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, and Ontario.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Ensure that all work performed by the contractor is done in a safe, environmentally sound manner and in accordance with approved design and specifications to the highest quality.
- Ensure that all work permits are in place, complete with the necessary checklists and supporting data, and have been completed by trained and competent individuals.
- Maintain daily records detailing executed work, equipment, manpower, weather, significant events or unusual circumstances and delays at the site. This information will be recorded on the Stantec's daily progress report and forwarded to the Construction Manager.
- Monitor and validate contractor progress. Support contractors and help ensure mitigation plans are developed if required.
- Know, understand and ensure contractor compliance to project technical specifications.
- Attend progress meetings with contractors.
- Review and sign off contractors Inspection Test Plan (ITP).
- Support the overall project quality assurance in regards to electrical construction.
- Audit all meggering and ringing out of circuits.
- Witness pre-commissioning of all electrical installations by the Contractor.
- Ensure Construction Contractor electrical as-built drawings are complete and accurate.
- Audit marking and ring-out of all circuits.
- Attend HSSE, Operations, Construction, Prime Construction Contractor and Progress Meetings as required. .
- Offer practical advice on the possible resolution for items of concern that may arise during the construction, equipment installation, and commissioning phases of the project.
- Work closely with the Construction Contractor to ensure the electrical portion of the project remains as per the as planned schedule.
- Resolve disputes that arise between site construction documents, drawings and specifications in regard to electrical construction work, in conjunction with the Technical Coordinator.
- Attend and potentially conduct monthly safety meetings with site inspection staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Excellent organizational, strategic, planning and implementing skills.
- Strong presentation, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly convey information to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to solve complex problems using sound professional judgment, creativity and innovation.
- Able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Advanced skills in use of Microsoft (MS) Office Suite.
Education and Experience
10 years industrial and/or pipeline construction experience with a minimum of 5 years in a supervision or inspection role, and one of the following:
- Bachelor's Degree or Technologist Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Journeyman or Master Electrician Certification
- Electrical Safety Codes Officer
Position will work in office and field setting. Visits construction sites and works in outside weather conditions.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Construction Management/Coordination
Primary Location: Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Other Locations: Canada-Saskatchewan, Canada-Ontario, Canada-Alberta, Canada-British Columbia
Employee Status: Contract
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Req ID: 1900007W
Back to top