Electrical - I&C Superintendent (AZ)
MWH Constructors is accepting applications for an Electrical - I&C Superintendent to support wastewater treatment infrastructure work for a high profile client in Chandler, AZ.
This position will provide technical support to MWH self-performing craft labor or subcontractors, as required, to ensure Electrical I&C construction work is performed efficiently, on schedule, and in accordance company policy and engineering standards.
MWH Constructors is the construction arm of MWH, now part of Stantec, and is a licensed, bonded general contractor, performing all of the Company's at-risk construction and design-build projects, with a strong focus on wet infrastructure.
MWH provides construction management-at-risk, construction management-as-agent, design-build and general contracting services for water and wastewater facilities, government building, industrial facilities, environmental remediation, produced water and other projects that fall within our core competencies. Beginning with pre-construction services we provide individually tailored "start to finish" construction capabilities to municipal, federal and industrial clients throughout the United States and the United Kingdom, including commissioning and start up services with licensed operators.
1. Responsible for the safe conduct of MWHC personnel and subcontractors to ensure a zero accident project. Ensure all site personnel meet minimum safety requirements (e.g. training, orientations, tools and equipment).
2. Schedule, coordinate and supervise project electrical I&C subcontractors. Includes determining method of construction, manpower levels, material quantities equipment, temporary power sources, work schedule and documenting actual hours worked.
3. Coordinate assigned work with work of different crafts, company departments, or other contractors.
4. Maintain liaison with engineering, estimating, and planning to ensure work complies with drawings, specifications, and schedule.
5. Assist in resolving construction problems (e.g. lack of productivity, work interfaces, etc.) as required.
7. Monitor compliance with project safety program requirements; document and ensure corrective measures are implemented.
8. Maintain liaison with other departments (e.g., Material Control, Purchasing, Quality Control, and Engineering) to ensure all required materials, equipment, inspections, etc., support craft activities and project schedule.
9. Perform additional assignments per supervisor's direction.
•Minimum of 8 years of relevant electrical I&C construction experience.
•Thorough understanding of construction safety, quality control and general contract management requirements necessary.
•Prior experience and familiarity with the current standards for instrumentation and controls in the industrial plant environment.
MWH Constructors is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH is an EEO employer - MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top