Electrical Fitter/Technician (Ince Park)
At Stantec Treatment we believe that people matter. We pride ourselves on the opportunities we offer our people who are passionate about improving the communities in which they live and work. We know that to build successful, creative teams we need a diverse workforce that can deliver new innovative ways of thinking. We provide an environment where you will have the freedom to develop and grow to your full potential.
Why wait, join us today and redefine your personal best.
Stantec Treatment is looking to strengthen their waste to energy team with an Electrical technician for our Ince Park (Chester) project. You will be responsible for carrying out maintenance tasks, involving electrical and mechanical fault finding, defect rectification and routine maintenance activities.
Ince Park is a 21 MW waste wood biomass power plant deploying outotec fluidised bed gasification technology to power over 41,000 local homes.
You will report directly to the Operations and Maintenance Manager and the responsibilities will include:
• To carry out planned and breakdown maintenance on a variety of plant and apparatus including overhead cranes, rotating equipment, 415V motors, variable speed drives, switchgear, etc.
• To report, diagnose and remedy plant defects, proposing improvements where appropriate
• To assist during major maintenance periods, shut-downs, etc, as required to return plant to optimum availability and efficiency
• To propose and develop modifications to plant /apparatus as appropriate
• To supervise company and contractors staff as appropriate
• Participate on a 365 day rota and be contacted outside normal working hours to maintain plant availability and efficiency
• To be aware of and work within the Company Health & Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems
Electrical Fitter/Technician (Ince Park)
• Having served a recognised apprenticeship will have detailed knowledge of all aspects of maintenance techniques
• Relevant maintenance qualifications
• Understanding of, and ability to interface with, P.L.C. controllers, SCADA systems & DCS
• Experience gained through working in a continuous process industry, preferably in a waste to energy environment
• Knowledge of high pressure steam systems / turbines / generators
Stantec Treatment is a £250m per annum integrated design and build solution provider operating in the water and waste to energy sectors. We have over 1,000 staff working across eight regional centres, primarily supporting six long term water sector frameworks operating both as Stantec Treatment and increasingly in joint ventures and alliances.
Stantec Treatment are part of the Stantec global group. The Stantec community unites approximately 22,000 employees working in over 400 locations across six continents. Our work-engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying, environmental sciences, project management, and project economics, from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning-begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, Stantec has the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level and advance the quality of life in communities across the globe.
At Stantec we create opportunity by inviting, embracing and celebrating difference.
Our goal as an employer is to recruit, motivate, and develop our employees with diverse ranges of talents and perspectives to ensure that we have the breadth of viewpoints, experiences, and skills needed to succeed.
Embracing diversity of all kinds enables Stantec to provide a work environment and culture that play a key role in attracting and retaining the right people with the right skills. We're known as a company that will do what is right, put people first, work better together, and is driven to achieve.
Living these values and committing to diversity and inclusion supports and enhances our employees, and acts as a key differentiator in the market.
We are members of the WISE (women in science and engineering) campaign. We are also signed up to the Armed Forces Corporate Covenant in making a promise to support our forces. We are working with CTP to help ex veterans find work in the civilian world.
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top