Electrical Engineering Team Lead
Your Opportunity: We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building systems, technologies, energy, and performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Stantec's Sacramento is looking for an Electrical Team Lead/Sr. Electrical Project Manager to manage varying electrical engineering projects and a diverse group of talented staff. This position is for a licensed electrical engineer who will be required to approve, QC, and stamp drawings in accordance with best practices and the engineering laws of the state where the project is located, primarily California.
Your Duties: Come join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
This position is responsible for the electrical engineering project delivery teams in the Sacramento office, consisting of project managers, designers and Revit/CADD production staff. This position will report to the Senior Principal of that office and will collaborate with other Team Leads and Project Managers in various Stantec offices. This individual will be a high performance leader, and as such, the expectations for someone in this position are that they will bring their best efforts, ethics, skills, and energy to the position with a "company first" attitude.
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Applies technical expertise to specific scopes of projects in an active design engineering role.
- Provides QC review on some of the projects being delivered by other PM's.
- Nurtures existing client relationships and forms new client relationships.
- Represents firm and pursues opportunities for new business.
- Directly manages and mentors staff.
- Maintains current knowledge of technologies and trends, as they apply to the applicable project and market types, and strengthens management skills.
- Balances workload within project delivery teams.
- Assists PM's with project issues and holds PM's accountable for meeting their project goals.
- Manages financial performance and billing of the group's projects.
- Hires, trains, manages staff in a performance management and accountable environment.
- Support and meet best practices and company policies.
Your Capabilities and Credentials:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in electrical engineering in the A/E/C industry
- PE Registration
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in supervising staff
- Has a history of successfully managing projects and project teams
- Is able to clearly communicate both verbally and in writing
- Must have a working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and functional understanding of AutoCAD and Revit
- Is able to work 40 hours or more per week and has availability to meet with clients, management and staff when needed
- Has a deep understanding, knowledge and experience designing electrical systems for healthcare, commercial, and civic projects
- OSHPD experience a strong preference
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top