Electrical Engineering, Junior Project Designer
Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future.
Your Duties Summary:
The Project Designer, Electrical applies buildings engineering skills and knowledge to produce project deliverables that meet project requirements and project manager and client expectations. Work consists of general electrical design for the built environment including but not limited to electrical, lighting, and fire/life safety systems and the use of digital practice technology such as AutoCAD and Revit and electrical engineering specific computer applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the direction of a project manager and/or Professional Engineer, designs electrical systems for the built environment.
- Develops and prepares design documentation in written and computer-aided design formats.
- Collaborates with project managers and other team members as part of a coordinated design team.
- Effectively delegates work to production support staff.
- Develops efficient and accurate solutions to design problems.
- Researches, prepares, and presents coordinated design options.
- Reviews drawings and researches electrical and safety code issues to comply with national, city, state, and county regulations.
- Communicates with manufacturers and contractors to address challenges and develop practical designs.
- Provides contract documents that meet required codes and quality assurance standards.
- Attends in-house project meetings.
Your Capabilities and Credentials Experience, Education, and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field. EIT certification preferred.
- 0-3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Familiarity with CAD and Building Information Modeling (BIM) software; in particular, AutoCAD MEP and Revit MEP.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of power systems; voltage drop, short circuit, and building load calculations.
- Familiarity with general electrical design for the built environment including but not limited to electrical, lighting, and fire/life safety systems, device layouts, circuiting, panel schedules and load calcs, riser diagrams, and schedules
- Ability to integrate design elements with architectural, civil, structural, ICT, mechanical and other disciplines to deliver a coordinated design.
- Basic knowledge of applicable codes and standards.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top