Electrical Engineering Co-Op/Intern
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and conduct business - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future-join us!
You will work with close guidance and supervision on tasks and smaller projects, and as a team member of a larger project under the guidance of a Senior Engineer/Designer. You will assist in evaluating, selecting, specifying, and engineering certain electrical power and lighting systems or products for projects verifying compliance with applicable codes and internal engineering standards / practices. You will perform a variety of tasks which may include Revit design, calculations, and field work. Candidates should be highly motivated and dependable students who are taking or have taken electrical engineering design type courses. This is a terrific opportunity for a college student to support a number of exciting local projects.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Production of CADD drawings.
- Perform field work (evaluation of existing sites) as directed by senior engineer/designer.
- Participation in electrical design including power distribution, lighting, fire alarm and low-voltage building systems.
- Assists with engineering duties on projects of various complexity.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the senior engineering staff.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Proficient in CADD with basic understanding of Revit and AutoCad, and the use of it as a drafting/design tool.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting.
- Ability to take direction, follow process and accept feedback and suggestions from senior engineers/designers..
Education and Experience
Working toward a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Architectural Engineering or Electrical Engineering.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Co-op/Summer/Intern Student
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Entry Level
Req ID: 190003A6
Back to top