Your Opportunity Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Your Duties We are currently looking for an Electrical Engineer/EIT to be based out of our Scarborough, ME office.
The successful candidate would provide electrical design support for design activities related to removal of 34.5 kV distribution tap lines and replacement with new underground distribution systems. Provide support and input to design team members to satisfy customers by producing high quality, timely and cost-effective engineering designs and solutions to technical problems. This position would support designers and engineers located in the Stantec power engineering offices in Scarborough, ME and Richmond, VA.
Duties include not limited to:
- Support, evaluate and prepare design work to meet Utility engineering and construction specifications, NESC and OSHA standards.
- Develop distribution system designs, drawings and parts lists for distribution systems upgrades under the direction of senior staff.
- Perform occasional field inspections of existing distribution systems, service entrances, transformers, and poles.
- Provide weekly reporting on projects being designed, and report daily to senior designers.
- Provide support to and work with the management team and internal partners to resolve technical issues.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
The successful candidate will posses the following:
- Must be energetic, self-starting and able to work efficiently under the direction of the design team.
- Great communication skills with both engineering team members and the general public is mandatory.
- 0-2 years of experience in an electric distribution design organization.
- Associates Degree in electrical engineering or electrical engineering technology from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent.
- Knowledge of electrical engineering theory, along with knowledge of the National Electric Code and National Electric Safety Code.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and Microsoft Office is mandatory. Candidates must be capable of using GPS, digital cameras, and other basic field equipment.
- This project requires occasional field work, including walk downs of existing utility right of ways.
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top