Electrical Engineer/Designer - Buildings
Your Opportunity We put the engine in buildings engineering. Intelligent design. Innovative execution. These are the elements of buildings engineering that rev us up. With decades of experience under our belts, we're achieving remarkable results with our work in building technologies, energy, and environmental performance. Our team of interdisciplinary engineers works collaboratively with clients to design buildings and processes that are on track for safety, performance, and sustainability.
For both public and private sector clients, we provide comprehensive capabilities including energy engineering and performance engineering services, covering each of the major engineering disciplines-structural, mechanical, and electrical. Focused on providing cost-effective solutions to engineering challenges, we are involved in a diverse range of projects from the initial planning stages to design, construction, and commissioning. Our structure cultivates career growth and provides opportunities as unique as you are.
Join a dynamic team that balances competing project interests with creativity and efficiency for a smooth ride every time. Together, we can accelerate towards a brighter future. This position can be located out of our Endicott, Albany, or Rochester NY office location.
Your Duties Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Electrical Engineering Designer - support the engineering & design of; power, lighting, IT, security and emergency or redundant electrical systems for new and renovated buildings.
- Electrical Engineering- support engineering designs including the drafting of drawings using AutoCAD or Revit, the performance of code reviews, preparation of the basis of design, system calculations, specification preparation, field investigations, construction estimating and site inspections and other such design as required to execute the electrical construction for new or renovated buildings. Some travel to site locations or other Stantec offices may be required.
- Interact with owners, contractors, permitting and planning authorities and professional organizations to deliver projects, strengthen relationships and advance your career.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering is required
- A minimum of 3 years' of experience in building design practice preferred
- Computer based modeling (BIM), lighting and load modeling and MS Office (or similar program) skills
- Career experience with construction documents and construction administration is required
- EIT and/or commitment to pursuing licensure or PE is preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with team members and clients
Meet Some of Stantec's Employees
Charuti oversees the construction and design of transmission line projects that connect new and existing hydropower plants and plans the logistics for rehabilitation of existing projects.
Back to top