Electrical Engineer (Water Supply)
Stantec Dammam is currently seeking an Electrical Engineer to support on a mega water supply project for the eastern region comprising of Project Management, Design and Construction Supervision.
Key Duties and Tasks:
- Acting as the main Mechanical Engineer Inspectorate on behalf of the Client on site involving Contractor, subcontractors, crafts people and operatives;
- Conformance of Technical Information corresponding with Specifications and Shop Drawings (SHD) checking plans, drawings, and quantities for accuracy of calculations;
- Ensuring that all materials used and work perform as per specifications;
- Overseeing the selection and requisition of materials and plant
- Agreeing a price for materials and making cost-effective solutions and proposals for the intended project
- Managing, monitoring, and interpreting the contract design documents supplied by the client or design disciplines;
- Liaising with consultants, subcontractors, supervisors, planners, quantity surveyors and the general workforce involved in the project
- Liaising with the local authority / Municipality / Civil Defense (where appropriate to the project) to ensure compliance with local construction regulations and by-laws;
- Communicating with clients and their representatives including attending regular meetings to keep them informed of progress;
- Day-to-day management of the site, including supervising and monitoring the site labour force and the work of any subcontractors;
- Check Planning of the work and efficient organization of the plant and site facilities in order to meet agreed deadlines;
- Overseeing quality control and health and safety matters on site;
- Preparing reports as required;
- Resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise.
- Site supervision / Agreement with Contractor, Client, and Design Disciplines
- Material inspection as per approved material submittal
- Work Follow up as per approved progress
- Daily progress report monitoring
- Gain approved HVAC Shop Drawings, MEP- Coordination Drawings, Work method statement and Project Specification from Contractors Project Engineer.
- Ensure the HVAC Ducts, Fittings, accessories and Chilled water pipes, fittings, accessories are available and approved by Inspection department prior to installation
- Coordinate with other discipline and ensure site clearance is available to start the HVAC Activities
- Check for the sufficient manpower such as Supervisor, Foreman, Duct fitter, pipe fitter, Assistant duct, and pipe fitter etc.,
- Prior to start HVAC activities notify to QC Personal for surveillance to ensure the quality work
- To maintain safe all construction HVAC and Chilled water piping activities are carried out in accordance with the Company's safety policies and procedures; ensure that appropriate safety and protective equipment is used by Company & Contractor staff.
- Closely monitor site activities to ensure quality of work follows approved shop drawing and Specification and get daily progress report from site supervisor (or) foreman and update to project Engineer (or) Manager
- Preparing relevant documents to conduct inspection for completed installation activities
- Carry out all planned site inspections as per the intervention points marked in the relevant drawing and standards
- Preparing the relevant documents to Conduct Testing inspection such as Duct light testing for Ducts and Hydro test for Above ground and Underground chilled water piping's, systems.
- Active involvement in weekly meetings with the Project management & QC Supervisors and manager to resolve the site related issues.
- Assist the Commissioning Team in Pre-commissioning & Commissioning stages of all HVAC Equipment's.
- Assist the Commissioning Team on Testing, Adjusting & Balancing (TAB) stages of the Air and Hydronic Piping's.
- Assist the Project Engineer during Preparation of final Test Reports, as built drawings, Operation & Maintenance manual and handing over the project to client
Electrical Engineer (Water Supply)
'- Minimum B.Sc. Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years experience
- Demonstrate Experience in similar construction projects
We're active members of the communities we serve. That's why at Stantec, we design with community in mind. Nowuniting approximately 22,000 employees, working in over 400 locations and across six continents, we collaborate across disciplines and industries to bring water and infrastructure projects to life. Our work as architects, engineers and consultants from initial project concept and planning through design, construction, and commissioning begins at the intersection of community, creativity, and client relationships. With a heritage in water, we continue to safeguard and sustain lives, communities, and businesses worldwide.
Our local knowledge and relationships, coupled with our global expertise, qualify us to go anywhere to solve our clients' challenges in more creative and personalized ways. With a long-term commitment to the people and places we serve, we have the unique ability to connect to projects on a personal level while advancing the quality of life in communities around the globe.
We look for people who are drawn to use every talent they possess, plus imagination, determination and a drive to do the extraordinary. If connecting across borders with some of the world's top talent appeals to you, join us.
For additional information on the Stantec transition, visit: http://www.stantec.com/content/stantec/en/about-us/news/2016/stantec-completes-acquisition-of-mwh-global.html
To learn more about job opportunities and a career at Stantec, visit: http://www.stantec.com/careers.html
Location (Hold Ctrl key to select more than one Location):
Saudi Arabia - Dammam
Back to top