Electrical Engineer - Power Plant
Every power project is a community project-whether it's a gas plant conversion, a transmission line corridor, or a wind development. Our goal is to improve industrial, business, and local communities through our project work. We see beyond the project at hand to where our work fits in the big picture. Join a team that does more than generate and deliver electricity through its work; join a team that powers growth and advances communities.
Y our Opportunity Our Water group is seeking an Electrical Engineer to join the team in our Nashville, Atlanta or Chattanooga office.
Your Key Responsibilities • Apply knowledge of industry standards and electrical engineering design principles
• Apply knowledge of power plant systems including 4160V, and 480V distribution systems.
• Apply knowledge of one line drawings, elementaries and wiring diagrams, equipment specifications (including transformers, MCC, switchgear, substation equipment); power plans, conduit plans, cable schedules, system studies and protective relay settings
• Interact with clients
• Serve as project engineer as needed
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Record of successfully delivering projects on-time and on-budget, while maintaining high standards of quality
- Familiar with ETAP software
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written. This position will require frequent client interaction.
- Self-starter, able to resolve engineering design issues and develop project scope documents, technical reports, cost estimates and project proposals
- Thorough understanding of design standards and codes common to industrial facilities
- Ability to provide detailed power system designs for plants with system voltages ranging from 120V to 25kV
Education and Experience Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited University
Ten (10) years of experience in Electrical engineering & design. Experience in Water/Wastewater projects is preferred.
Prior experience in consulting or with a EPC contactor
Registered Professional Engineer (TN PE required within 6 months of hire).
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each others' talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Back to top