Electrical Engineer, Industrial Buildings
- Vancouver, Canada
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn't have to be true? What if our built environment - where we live, learn, play, and work - carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From small practical designs to complex iconic designs and everything between, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future.
The Civic | Industrial Studio offers services for all phases of the project life cycle, from pre-project planning through detailed design and analysis to the end of commissioning. This is where great ideas and rewarding careers are built. Exercising creativity and ingenuity, our team develops unique solutions for our clients that integrate people, materials, equipment, and information in productive ways.
A key factor in the success of the Civic | Industrial Studio has been our commitment to a fully integrated architecture & engineering design approach, where information and ideas are shared freely, and decisions and direction are communicated effectively. This approach provides us with a better overall understanding of the challenges and opportunities inherent in our projects, and our clients benefit from the robust, integrated design solutions that are developed. This commitment begins with everyone in the Studio. Equally important are the engineers who provide direction and support to our multi-disciplinary team to ensure continued success, improvement and growth.
Your role as a project lead within our Civic | Industrial Studio electrical team is to work independently, with limited supervision, on large projects of high complexity, through all phases of a project life cycle across a variety of many exciting (commercial, institutional, recreational, industrial, and health care) projects. You may help support the development of integrated proposals using your specialized knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards, and collaborating with team members to contribute to the final deliverables.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Responsible for the electrical scope of work for all sizes of projects of high complexity.
- Exercises professional judgement without requiring close review
- Evaluates, selects, specifies, and engineers, all electrical engineered systems or products for a project.
- Engages in the development of a design through sketches, electronic models, diagrams, and other visual formats.
- Represents the electrical team in client meetings, at the direction of more senior personnel, with a manner that meets or exceeds Stantec's professional standards
- Confidently prepares written reports and / or delivers presentations to Clients
- Utilizes BIM technologies in the development of three-dimensional models of building's electrical systems and provides markups for junior engineers.
- Prepares and revises documentation in various electrical phases including site plans, floor plans, diagrams, and details.
- Leads project coordination meetings with internal team members and/or external consultants, owner and contractor, sub-contractors, and vendors.
- Participates in client project requirement meetings, value analysis, and basic cost estimating.
- Leads the preparation and coordination of the project specifications with construction documents.
- Participates in constructability review.
- Conducts quality assurance and quality control on own projects and projects of peers.
- Assists in the development of new standards and specifications for the electrical group.
- Assists in the development of project scope, budgets, and design approach for all sizes of projects.
- Assists with the development of proposals for smaller, less complex projects.
- Oversees and manages multiple projects.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of the Canadian Electrical Code and applicable building and energy codes.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong understanding of all phases of project document production and the relationship between drawings and specifications including through tendering and contract administration phases.
- Strong knowledge of electrical systems, means and methods, materials, and industry standards.
- Ability to check the work of others for accuracy and completeness and manage time to meet project budget and schedule.
- Ability to participate and collaborate in project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought.
- Thorough understanding of electrical engineering concepts and ability to effectively communicate ideas to others.
- Presentation and interview skills are preferred.
- Requires advanced understanding of Microsoft Office Suite, Revit, AutoCAD; Prefer experience with AGI 32, Visual Lighting Software, Revizto, ETAP, , Newforma.
Education and Experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Engineering & Licensed Professional Engineer. Minimum of 7-8 years of experience. LEED Green Associate or LEED AP preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other's talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Job: Electrical Engineer
Primary Location: Canada-British Columbia-Vancouver
Employee Status: Regular
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Req ID: 200001H1
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans
Back to top